Monday, March 12, 2012

on being old(er)

In less than a month, I will be turning 20. It is strange to think about being an adult, which prompted me to start reading some of my old journals. Most of them are so boring...silly prattle about boys that I liked at the time. It's slightly annoying how much I wrote about that.
But here are some funny excerpts from my journals...warning: I was super weird.

January 16, 2002
Dear Diary, 
Today we heard terrible news. Father David has resined, it means he will never be our priest again. Dad has told us not to talk to our friends about it


July 17, 2002
Dear Diary, 
Today the Wilkinsons are leaving for theire trip :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( 
They are going to be gone for 3 weeks :( :( :(
The other day at the library, Ethan, Mommy and I learned to paint ourselves like clowns. Then mom suggested that we be clowns in Dormition Fest (but I hav'nt called Fr. John yet.) So Sophie, Justin, Ethan, Louisa and I are going to be clowns.


November 14, 2003
...On my way to basketball today, mom told me she is PREGNANT! It'll be 6 kids! Since tomorrow is the beginning of the Nativity fast, mom told me so that I wouldn't get suspicious when she ate meat or cheese. I could hardly speak when she told me. I want it to be a girl named Cassia (haha, YES!) When the baby is born, we will be in the new house, which means as soon as the baby gets out the the newborn baby thingy, it will either sleep with Ethan (if its a boy) or with me (a girl).
So much has been happening lately. We put our house up for sale, we are going to have an open house on Sunday, we started basketball, mom's pregnant, Aidan is 2, we will be moving soon, whew. I guess I can look forward to some pretty busy months ahead. 


April 23, 2004
Today was not a good day (morning at least.) Well, I had an order of cookies for the Bailey's, and I had to finish them this morning. After awhile of baking, Mom and Dad began yelling at me, so finally dad left and then I kept spilling things. I cried and cried.


August 16, 2005
Hello!
The Wilkinsons got back from their annual month-long trip today. I missed them so much...
I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to see them. (Well really the only person I was happy to see was Weezer, noone else.)
We talked for ages, walking around the block, eating pizza. We swapped cute boy stories, talked about sex, boys, periods, and next school year....
I MISS THIS!!!!!!


April 11, 2006
This is the worst day of my life.
Well, I have lots to say about my birthday and Ben, but I'm not going to. I have to say this first. Louisa called this morning and told me that they are moving-to Billings, Montana. 
On my B-day, she gave mea card~I didn't read it before she ripped it up, but she told me that she would tell me later. She dropped a few hints all day, and by last night I kind of guessed it. I was really hoping it wouldn't be true. But it is.
We've been friends for 8 years, they've lived here for 9. Over the years, our friendship has gotten so much richer and more wonderful. I can't stand it that she's leaving. Mom has given me 1 hour to cry before I start school. I am so depressed. Hoe can this happen? I can't write any more.


April 15, 2008 
Well, my obsession with U2 and Larry has decreased, but only a bit. I try to keep myself to only liking Andrew (Kantzos), and I do like him. A lot, and I constantly talk about him, however, he's not the one that I constantly think of. I hate myself for obsessing over a 50 year old rock star, but I can't seem to stop...Catherine and Hannah (El and Sophie) are going around giving special friends special names. I'm Jane, for instance. I have been asking Cath...er...El to help me think of a name for Andrew so that I can talk about him, even on Myspace and he'll never know. 


I would keep writing, but I need to get on with other things, so I'm not really feeling the re-typing of things. There will hopefully be several more of these posts, because there are so many more journals...hilarious journals. I am so happy that I found them!

No comments:

Post a Comment