Friday, June 22, 2012

making a grocery tote.

i've been thinking for a while that i need a reusable grocery bag, and as a knitter, i have wanted to make one of those awesome knitted grocery bags. so today i did some research and found three patterns that may be possible for me to make, considering my limited knitting skills. all three also look purty nice too :)

this is actually my favorite looking. the pattern
can be found here

this is my second favorite
and the pattern can be found
here
of the three this is my least favorite
looking. additionally it does
not seem like it would be as effective
because the handles are ribbons,
which would make me extremely
nervous. but this is also the
easiest as far as stitches, etc.
the pattern is here

i would like to make a decision about which one to make before tomorrow night so that i can run to the store after work to buy the supplies to get started. but i can tell you now, i think i'm going to take a risk and try #1, just because it is so gorgeous :)



2 comments:

  1. :) Oh knitting....I've only knitted one item officially and I did it for Tanner...Can you guess what it was?...yeah it was a scarf, and he barely wore it! Anyway let me know how it goes with the grocery bag because that would be pretty legit! Also I LOVE the title of this blog because I recently realized that it is a lyric from a very darling song by fun. Gotta love that band!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, the only thing that i've made that wasn't a scarf was a really great pair of legwarmers. and now i'm ready for a new project :)
      and regarding the title...that song is actually andrew's and my song :) it is pretty darling indeed.

      Delete